We are back to on site meetings at St Davids Church on 12 Mile in Southfield for a few meetings.
Check your Tapas newsletter or the website for information. St Davids has completed all renovations giving us a large, clean space to do asana, meet and have refreshments.
- This event has passed.
YAGD Book Club
February 4 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
YAGD Book Club meetings are held the first Friday of the month at 1:30p.m. If you are interested in joining us, send Char an email or text and she will forward the link. firstname.lastname@example.org or 248 535 3101.
We are currently reading The Book of Joy by Douglas Abrams which presents the discussions between the Dalai Lama and Desmond TuTu. We will devote the May and June BC meetings to this book.
Other books on our current “To Read List” are:
- Yoga for Emotional Balance by Bo Forbes
- The Namaste Effect by Nichala Joy Devi
- The Body Keeps the Score by Vessel VanderKolk
- A Stroke of Insight by J Taylor
- Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith
- Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber
- If the Buddha Came to Dinner by Halé Sofia Schatz
Books we have read thus far:(Not necessarily in the order read)
- The Secret Power of Yoga by NJ Devi
- The Great Oom by Robert Love
- The Dalai Lama’s Cat by David Michie
- Breath by James Nestor
- Eastern Body Western Mind Psychology of the Chakra System as a Path to Self by Anodea Judith
- A Walk in the Wood: Meditation on Mindfulness by Joseph Parent
- 71/2 Lessons About the Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett
- Yoga and the Quest for the True Self by Stephen Cope
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A Singer
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 9476 1345